- Complete the application form
- Return the completed application form with:
- Payment for Registration and Annual Subscription Fee, based on the category of membership (professional, associate or student).
- A photocopy of your Identity Card or Passport (for non-resident only).
- Certified copies of relevant Degree(s)/Diploma(s)/Certificate(s)
(Documents must be certified as true copies either by a Commissioner for Oaths, your Head of Department (Head of Company, if you are a Head of Department) or, Head of Human Resource Department.
- A letter from your Head of Department or Head of Human Resource Department or Head of Company (if you are a Head of Department) stating:
i) Your Designation – Date & Year of Commencement
ii) Your Employment Job Function
iii) Total no of years of experience in Internal Auditing
The following additional requirements apply to application for Professional Membership for individuals who provide Internal Audit Services to their clients either as a Sole Proprietor, Partner or Member of Staff of a Professional firm:
- Submit documentary proof of your appointment as an Internal Audit Services Provider to your clients (Public Listed Company on the Bursa Malaysia). At least the identity of one of your clients and the Chairman of Audit Committee must be provided together with details of period of engagement and internal audit functions discharged. The Institute shall reserve the right to contact the client/s directly for reference.
- In order to determine the experience requirements, you are required to submit documentary proof of your appointment both past and present including your designation(s) and key job functions. Experience gained with a particular employer or client for a duration of less than six (6) months will not be considered for the purpose of meeting the experience requirements.