01 Feb Become a Strategic Internal Auditor: Tying Risk to Strategy
Year of Publication: 2014
Author: Paul L.Walker, Ph.D., CPA
Businesses today are spending more time on strategic issues and seeking more help from those with strategic capabilities. This has created a unique opportunity for internal auditors to help their organisations both manage their risks and achieve their strategic goals.
In Become a Strategic Internal Auditor, you can learn how leading internal audit functions work with management to play a role in strategic initiatives.
- Stay connected to the business.
- Get involved earlier in the life cycle of strategic projects.
- Use ERM to raise risk and strategy questions.
- Use leading-edge risk assessments to gain knowledge for strategic initiatives.
- Identify new skill sets needed to engage in strategic planning.
Become a Strategic Internal Auditor is based on multiple interviews and case studies at ADP, VMware, Raytheon, Harley-Davidson, and other leading organisations. It provides practical information that you can use to become a trusted strategic advisor for your organisation.