04 Feb Bribery: Identify Hidden Risks in Your Organisation
Year of Publication: 2014
Member Price: RM 205
Non Member Price: RM 355
Bribery is often covert, tricky to prevent, and notoriously tough to uncover. Forensic accountants and fraud-focused auditors are often successful at detecting bribes, but it is difficult for generalist internal auditors to find such transactions through regular auditing techniques. Fortunately, many anti-bribery controls are also internal controls for sound, general practices.
This book offers practical information and advice on:
- Third-party bribery
- Legislative and regulatory considerations
- Channels through which bribes may be made, concealed, or prevented
- Anti-bribery controls over an organisation’s expenditure, revenue, assets, and liabilities
- Organisational whistleblowing hotlines
- Anti-corruption compliance programs
Fraud detection is not normally the primary purpose of internal auditing, yet it is an important subject that cannot be ignored. Internal auditors’ advice and recommendations can encourage management to introduce and maintain strong internal controls over bribery risks.